Internet Business & E-Commerce Law
Electronic Business development and E-Commerce can be exciting and rewarding. Unfortunately, many e-business owners ignore the many legal traps of internet business. Simply because electronic commerce is relatively new does not mean fundamental commercial and business laws can be ignored.
Even a "simple" web commerce business, MLM, or commercial web site is a business. As a business, the laws of the jurisdictions where the transactions are located will govern the rights and responsibilities of the owner and customer. Unless the business is organized as a Limited Liability Company or Corproation, the owner's personal assets will be subject to the liability of the business.
Check our new Choice of Business Entity Determinator !http://www.taxesq.com/choice.html
Know your Business
E-business is an exciting adventure. Proper legal, tax and business advice is fundamental in establishing any business. The best professional advice is especially needed for internet businesses potentially subject to the taxes and laws of the world! You advisors must understand your business then combine legal advice and business savy to help your E-Commerce business grow and thrive.
Areas of Concern
In addition to the normal business requirements, certain areas are subject to increased exposure:
- Selling products or advertising online requires specific documents and order forms for internet trading.
- The terms of service must be established.
- Payment terms can be particularly tricky - especially when there are Charge backs for credit card orders.
- Disclaimers must be carefully designed to protect sites that publish articles or provide advice.
- Resolving the legal and regulatory ethics rules and controls for professionals is an increased burden.